|We all worry far too much…worrying about what was said in the past, worrying about what’s happening currently in our ives, and worrying about what will happen in the future…Man, we got all the bases covered don’t we?I don’t know about you but worry is like having a vacuum attached to my tank of energy…it just robs me of my mojo BIG time.I was reading about one of my favorite mentors Bob Proctor pointing out in his “Lead the Field” seminars that our human worries fall into 5 categories…
1. ) Worries about situations that never happen – 40%
2. ) Worries about the past that can never be changed in any way – 30%
3. ) Unjustified worries about personal health – 12%
4. ) Negligible worries – 10%
4. ) Real and legitimate worries – 8%
Not sure how he came up with those stats, but when I examine my own worries I would agree totally with the categories and the general numbers. Somehow seeing those numbers calmed me and made me chill the hell out.
So carrying that with me in the back pocket of my mind, I now ask my little worry monkey (change that some days to BIG worry monkey) “Which category are YOU in? ” The answer is invariably a 1-4 category.
And if it’s not, then taking ACTION about it gives me back my power, my energy, and my mojo. And all the while I affirm , as if it is here NOW, whatever the desired outcome is – as a mantra to keep myself aligned with an optimistic state of mind. “I AM SO HAPPY AND GRATEFUL THAT I NOW ___________________”
Another tool is to say “BUT I’M CHANGING THAT NOW” when your mind turns to a useless worry. It immediately shifts you into hopefulness and empowerment and is a reminder to stay in ACTION around the issue.
Be in gratitude for already having the thing or health or circumstance or relationship that you want and keep visualizing the solution for what the worry is about and you will rise into the resolution of the concern.
THAT my friends is how to start the engine of the Worry Whipper.
If your interested in learning more about my work, contact me today at 207-319-5986 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and feel free to visit my website www.BambiThompson.com to sign up for my free meditation and bi-weekly newsletter.
Start the journey from Anxious to Awesome by scheduling your FR*EE 30 minute strategy session
- This Tuesday remind yourself that you are beautiful, you are blessed, and you are the creator of your success. fb.me/885P5Ufe5 2 days ago
- My mom is about to say goodbye to her beloved Florida and best friends as I prepare to move her back to Maine... fb.me/6EkLT62cS 3 days ago
- Law of Attraction. You've got to think big to get big results. Don't set your goal low, set it high! Look to what... fb.me/2W9NP6h5A 1 week ago
- Wishing everyone a wonderful, happy Sunday. <3 fb.me/8LBXLPRVc 1 week ago
- Damn right I did, and so can you! You just need to unscramble that brain of yours, get it clear a get those... fb.me/1vIm1nKMR 2 weeks ago
- ADD ADHD Affirm Affirmations Anxiety anxiety relief Art Balance BambiThompson Bambi Thompson Business calm Calming Children confidence Creative visualization Depression dreams EFT emotion empowerment energy Fear focus Forgiveness Freaked Out Freedom Goal Achievement Happiness Happy Healing Healthy healthy-living holidays Hope hopelessness inner peace inspiration Laugh Law of Attraction Love Meditation mental-health Mercury Retrograde motivation negativity neuroscience Optimistic Parenting Parents Peace Peaceful pessimism Positive Prayer Profit reality Sadness Sandy Hook Sedona Method self self-esteem self-improvement self development Smile smiling Stress stress relief Success suzanne evans teen anxiety thought thoughts visualize Writing