Ever felt like the monkey on your back – ie. the devilish voice in your head – is the one in control of your motivation, your focus, your confidence, and your success?
GRRR…that really gets my goat when that happens to me.
I know I am so powerful, but there sure are times when the monkey is the louder voice in my head.
It literally puts you back in charge, even better than before.
Here’s a quickie tool to start doing that right away for when you want to ask someone to work with you.
1. Imagine your mentors, the ones who really embody attributes of how you want to be in the situation.
I personally like to embody the confidence of Joe Vitali , the wisdom of Deepak Chopra, the marketing brilliance of Suzanne Evans – my business coach, the organizational and success skills of Brian Tracy, the manifesting power of Napolean Hill…you get the idea.
2. See them standing around you with the energy of these “powers” that you want to infuse into your body.
3. Breathe in and imagine receiving these skill sets (your mentors are so excited to share them with you)….breathe out and imagine releasing your fear and self-doubt, or anger, or whatever is holding you back in the moment.
4. Visualize your body filling up with white light and programming you with confidence and successful outcomes for your task at hand.
5. Affirm ” I am confident and successful, and people are thankful I am reaching out to them with my services” or whatever will “amp” you up.
Now this may seem a wee bit wacky to you, but when you start doing this on a regular basis and see and FEEL the emotional state of these characteristics being yours, it will raise your vibration and energize you, and THAT is what people respond to – the energy of your confidence…not your words, or your clothes, or your sales conversations (which will be better when you do this technique before you pick up the phone by the way)
If this intrigues you, get yourself a complimentary “Brilliant Breakthrough Strategy Session” to bring me 3 of your top saboteurs to your success, and I’ll pick one and set you up with a strategy plan to begin to eliminate it from your life. I call it a Brilliant Breakthrough Strategy session, because everyone that gets one feels empowered, hope-filled, and energized when they realize they can really shift the way they feel with the strategies they get.